Best Soaps For Skin Allergies – Buying Guide
When it comes to toiletries and cosmetics, soaps are the most commonly used product in the category. Bathing without soap is not bathing at all. Apart from removing dirt and sweat from your skin, the soap also provides moisture to your skin.
Gone are the days when beauty and grooming are reserved only for women. Men, too, have started grooming themselves, considering which many brands have released some exclusive grooming range for men. The grooming range for men includes the soap, shampoos, face cream, beard oils, and whatnot.
This article focuses on the buying guide for the best soaps for skin allergies. Even when you are buying soap for the first time, you don’t have to rack your brains enough for the below-listed buying guide will help you chance upon the best one.
Types of soaps
First of all, it is needful to learn about the different types of soaps available in the market. Soaps for men isn’t restricted to a single type. As you start exploring the online and offline mediums, you would come across the following common types of soaps:
Conventional soaps are hard soaps that include a lot of chemicals and strong fragrances. These soaps are quite popular; however, not suitable for men with sensitive skin as the use of harsh chemicals may lead to skin allergies such as bruises and rashes.
Handmade soaps are a milder version of soaps for men. These soaps are designed artistically using hands, as opposed to the conventional making of the soaps. The ingredients of handmade soaps are organic, and they do not include any harsh formula to harm your skin. The common ingredients used in the making of handmade soaps include minerals and essential oils.
If you are a sucker for organic products and cosmetics, make artisanal soaps your first choice. These soaps are a little expensive, however, worth every penny. Artisanal soaps are vegan and cruelty-free. They are made using mild ingredients that are suitable for all skin types. Some of the most common ingredients in these soaps are food-grade ingredients, butter, oils, and rare organic ingredients. Buy these kinds of soap if you have super sensitive skin.
Buy according to your concern
Don’t get carried away with what’s hot-selling in the market. If you are shopping for a cosmetic product for your skin, make sure you prioritize your skin concern over everything else. Different types of soaps are suitable for various skin concerns.
- If your skin is extremely dry and flaky, you need something to lock the moisture in it. Always choose a soap made in glycerine or cream. Do not buy a gel bathing bar if you have dry skin.
- If your skin is oily, choose something that doesn’t include too many moisture-locking ingredients. Such ingredients will make your skin look oilier.
- If you are prone to skin allergies or have sensitive skin, try choosing from the range of soaps for skin allergies. All these soaps are either medicated or organic. The role of either type of soap is to keep your allergies at bay.
- If you are fortunate to have normal or combination skin, you don’t have to worry about the composition of soaps at all. Buy anything from the market, as long as it belongs to a good brand.
Be wary of certain ingredients
The ingredients or composition of the soaps for men should be a vital consideration, and you must not overlook the same. Checking the ingredients of the soap will only tell you if the product is worth buying or not.
While checking the ingredients of the soap, you must be extra careful. Some ingredients often come with a red flag. They may harm your skin in the long run.
Do not buy soaps that include ingredients like synthetic colors, artificial fragrance, PEG-n, BHT, Trideceth-10, and Methylchloroisothiazlinone. These ingredients are very harmful to overall health. They may lead to some dangerous skin allergies. In some cases, the long-term use of these soaps may even lead to cancer.
Ingredients that do not pose harm
As opposed to the above-listed chemicals and ingredients, consider buying the soaps with harmless or neutral ingredients such as mica, lauric acid, acetic acid, sodium hydroxide, sodium chloride, thymol, sodium palmate, zinc gluconate, glycerine, magnesium silicate, linalool, zinc oxide, geraniol, etc.
Ayurvedic or herbal soaps are becoming the favorite of many men or boys, owing to their chemical-free composition. You may check the leading Ayurveda brands and make the right choice. Similarly, charcoal soaps, too, pose no threat to the skin.
Go with a reputed brand name
We advise you not to make any compromises when it comes to buying something for your skin. The same rule goes with buying soap. Always go with a good brand name, and you will end up making the right choice. A reputed and renowned brand doesn’t include harmful chemicals, thereby ensuring safe use.
Other considerations to observe while buying a soap
- Always check the reviews of a brand before you buy the soap from the same. Reading expert reviews will give you a better understanding of the product, its ingredients, and its advantages for your skin.
- Buy a soap that forms good lather or foam. The role of lather is to clean away the dirt, oil, and sweat off your skin. Eventually, your skin feels cleaner and fresher.
- Test the performance of the soap before buying it twice and adding it to your arsenal. A soap should benefit your skin. It should also last long, for about 4-6 weeks.
- If you are buying a particular soap for the first time, buy it in a smaller quantity. Use it and check if it is suiting your skin. If it does, you may get a bigger one. You may even buy a super-saver pack to save yourself some money.
- Some soaps come with a sunscreen factor or SPF that saves your skin from the harmful sun rays and protects it from getting tanned. If you are buying an SPF-rich soap, you do not have to put a sunscreen separately.
- Choose a bathing bar that comes with an eco-friendly or biodegradable soap cover. It will help you do your bit in saving the environment.