Best Mattress for Back Pain in India – Buying Guide
Doctors always talk about the 8 hours of sleep we need. Many of us face problems of back pain and also trouble falling asleep. Nobody realizes but mattress can be a major reason for these kinds of issues. Along with nutrition and exercise, sleep also plays a lead role in having good health. And, for better sleep, you need to have a nice, comfortable mattress.
All the best mattress for back pain takes care of your spine and provide your back the required support. It will lessen the chances of you having back pain too. So, it is really important to gift yourself only the best mattress so that you sleep really well.
With so many brands available in the market, how will you know which is the best mattress brand for you? How will you know which sleep mattress does not cause back pain and don’t have any side effects? So, this is where we will prove useful to you. We will help you find a good mattress and the best brands which will suit you.
Firstly, you need to know what types of mattresses are available in Indian markets. So, let us go ahead.
Types of mattresses
If you go to the market to buy the best mattress for you and the salesperson keeps confusing you with a number of different types of mattresses, for that case you need this. When you know the different kinds of mattresses available in the market, it will get easier for you to choose among them.
So, here is the list of different types of mattresses so that you may know which one suits best for you:
1. Coir Mattress: Most people use a coir mattress in their homes. This coir is derived from coconut husks and used as a filler in mattresses. Sometimes, this husk is also used in sofas. These are not really soft, but the thing is, they are really economical. Moreover, these mattresses have a longer life than other ones.
- They are not very good for joint problems. Yet, some mattress brands are manufacturing the best coir mattresses.
- These mattresses may start sagging after their usage for some years.
2. Spring Mattress: In this type of mattress, just they add springs to the coir mattresses. So, in short, a spring mattress is an evolved coir mattress. Springs give a nice bounce as well as support to the mattress. Also, they have an extra cushioned layer on its top which makes it softer than a simple coir mattress.
- Motion transfer is still an issue in the spring mattress.
- These are not really good for people who have back pain.
3. Foam Mattress: Foam is a widespread material used in the manufacturing of mattresses. Many different varieties of foam are available around the world with different pricing depending on their type. People who have back pain or neck pain issues, usually like a foam mattress. To avoid sagging, buy a good mattress with a number of foam layers.
4. Memory Foam Mattress: This mattress has got popular in the last few years. Like we remember everything about our loved ones, this memory foam mattress also remembers our sleeping pattern. The foam used in memory foam mattress is Viscoelastic. This foam takes your body shape successfully. It kind of hugs your body so that you can sleep comfortably.
- Some memory foam mattresses have a gel layer to absorb extra heat from your body.
- This mattress is a bliss for those who face back or joint pain. It will provide more comfort during the summer season.
- Experts say that a memory foam mattress works best for people suffering from back pain.
5. Latex mattress: Have you imagined that you can sleep on mattresses made of latex? If not, then give a thought to it because latex mattress is available in India. Natural as well as artificial latex is used in the manufacturing of latex mattresses.
- If you want to use a naturally made mattress, then it is the best eco-friendly mattress for you. With the availability of different firmness, you can choose from a wide range of varieties of latex mattresses available in the market.
- This mattress does not cause any kind of side effects to your body. But also, the latex mattress is not as comfortable and good as a memory foam mattress.
6. Air mattress: As the name suggests, these mattresses have air in them. You will need to fill these mattresses with air. They are cheaper than other mattresses and also they require just a little space if they are not being used.
Air mattress is made from Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC). Also, some mattresses also made with rubber or urethane plastic are available in the market. This is the good for bedridden people who get bedsores.
- They are commonly used as a bed, and not just a mattress. So, they are the best for living rooms.
- Some people also find it very uncomfortable to sleep on these. So, choose wisely which is the best mattress brands in India you can go with.
7. Orthopedic Mattress: An orthopedic mattress is basically designed to provide support to your back, joints, and overall body. If you have one of these issues, your body needs a firm and soft surface so as to maintain the natural spinal alignment to the body. Ortho mattress is among the best mattress available to prevent back pain.
- It will give relief from body aches and joint problems. The ultimate comfort and maximum support make ortho mattress the best for people with physical problems.
Selecting the perfect size of mattresses for you
After deciding which type of mattress you need, it is time to look at the various sizes of mattresses. It will help you in finding the right one for you.
Let us look at the standard dimensions of different types of mattresses so that to know which size of mattress will go with your bed.
- Single bed mattress: From the name of this mattress, you must know that these mattresses are meant for children or bachelors. The typical size of them is somewhere from 72*36 inch 75*36 inches.
- Double bed or full-sized mattress: The next standard size of mattress available in the Indian market is this. Its dimensions are somewhere between 72*48 inches to 75*60 inches. They are usually double of single mattresses. It is ideal for one or two people sleeping on a bed.
- Queen size mattress: It is commonly available in India. Two people can easily sleep on this size of a mattress, and still, there will be adequate space for comfortable movements. Typically, a queen-size mattress has dimensions of 72*60 inches to 78*60 inches.
- King size mattress: To sleep along with kids, a king-size mattress will work well. The typical dimensions of king size mattress lie between 72*72 in to 78*72 inches. For huge bedrooms, this size is the best. Two adults with two kids can easily sleep on this mattress.
7 points to consider while buying the best mattress for you
- Firmness: The perfect firmness which suits you will ensure your comfort on your purchased mattress. Mattresses come in three varieties of firmness which are firm, medium, and soft. You will need to find out which firmness will prove to be good for you. For example, the memory foam mattress is soft while the coir mattresses are firm. For people with back pain, a firm mattress can never be a good option. So, take care of this before purchasing.
- Material used: From the different types of mattresses mentioned earlier, you need to find the perfect match for you. It may depend on your sleeping habits or any physical ailments which you may have. On the basis of your needs, you can choose your best mattress from coir, spring, memory foam, air mattress, latex mattress, etc.
- Thickness: This is another important aspect to consider while buying a mattress. Mattress thickness lies somewhere between 5 inches to 15 inches. People with significantly heavyweight should go with thicker mattresses. A thick mattress helps in the proper distribution of their weight while sleeping.
- Temperature control and breathability: Air passage should be good for you to sleep well. A breathable mattress soaks your body temperature and does not make you feel the mattress too hot during summers. Natural materials used in manufacturing allows more air to pass than artificial ones.
- Motion isolation: Motion isolated mattress ensures you peace while sleeping if your partner keeps taking toss and turns. In these mattresses, you will not get disturbed by these movements. Memory foam mattresses, as well as coir mattresses, provide nice motion isolation.
- Anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic mattresses: If you are prone to allergies or if you are going to have a baby, you should take care of this point too. Stay away from latex mattresses if you are prone to some kind of allergies.
- Reversible mattress: People sometimes flip their mattresses from time to time. But you cannot flip every mattress you buy. Some of them have a cushiony layer on just one side. So, you can’t flip them. Some products have this feature in them. So, make sure you go for the right mattress for you.
To sum up
Consider all the possible factors to choose the best mattress in India. There is a variety of mattress available with different qualities, life span, for giving relief in physical ailments and much more. So, consider buying only mattress brands to suit your requirements.