Best Induction Cooktops In India Buying Guide
An induction cooktop has made the life of many people easy. Gone are the days when you would have to rely on the LPG and deal with its fluctuating price when cooking the food. By using the best induction cooktop, you can cook your meals like the back of your hand. The device works with electricity but that doesn’t mean it would increase the power consumption in your home. You can always maintain the power consumption of this appliance by picking up the right type, right size, and the right brand.
Different Types Of Induction Cooktop
The good thing about buying an induction cooktop for your kitchen is that it enables a quick-cooking session. Furthermore, the design of this appliance is cool which adds to the aesthetic appeal of your kitchen. You can choose from among the different types of cooktops, depending upon your preference and ease of cooking. Here are the common kinds of induction cooktops available in the market:
Built-in Induction Stovetops:
Also known as hob, these cooktops are inbuilt in your kitchen platform. As everything has become very sleek and minimal, this cooktop makes the perfect choice for people who do not want a lot of mess on their kitchen platform. A built-in stovetop is all about aesthetics. Alongside this, you can buy this appliance to cook food for your large families. The bonus point of buying this kind of cooktop is that it is available in multiple gorgeous designs.
You can set it up anywhere on your kitchen counter. This is a good choice if you keep on repositioning the appliances in your kitchen now and then. The good thing about buying this device is that it doesn’t demand a lot of maintenance. The process of installation, too, is uncomplicated.
This makes a common choice in a majority of Indian households. This is because a portable cooktop is compact, portable, and comprises only one cooking zone. If you have a small family or living alone, make it a go-to option. Just like the freestanding induction, this cooktop, too, requires minimum maintenance. Other plus points of choosing this variant are that it is lightweight, user-friendly, and nominal.
- Pigeon Cruise Induction Cooktop Comes with 7 segments LED display for power and temperature. This Induction Stove comes with...
- Induction Stove comes with 93-percent energy saving technology;Safety Standards: Cruise Induction Stove will start working only...
- Included: 1 - Pigeon Cruise Induction Stove and User Manual;Power Input: 220 V and Power Consumption: 1800 Watt
- Warranty Description: 1 Year On Product
- Feather touch control
- 1800 Watt Power Consumption. Power Input : AC 230 - 250 V, 50 Hz
- 35% energy savings compared to LPG Cooking
- Preset timer - Auto switch off
- 8 Menus - Installed Induction cooktop
- Content: Prestige Induction Cooktop-Pic 20.0
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit. Extended Cooling Sysytem
- Voltage: 230V, Wattage: 1600Watt
- Note: Kindly refer to 6th and 7th Image for error codes and their respective solutions
- Troubleshooting guidelines: Works only with Induction base cookware- bottom diameter between 12cm-26cm
- Philips Domestic Appliances is Asia’s most trusted brand(As per Research by ibrands360 & WCRCINT. Category: Home Appliances.)
- 2000 watts, Automatic Whistle Counter, Automatic Keep Warm Function
- Built in Indian Menu, Dual Heat Sensor
- Automatic Voltage Regulator, Anti Magnetic Wall, Feather Touch Buttons.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Indian menu options
- Pause function for added convenience
- Aerodynamic cooling system
- Soft touch push buttons
- Automatic voltage regulator
- Concealed and feather touch buttons
- Anti magnetic wall, Push Button Controls
- Body Material - Full Glass
- Automatic voltage regulator . Indian menu option
- Unique design for protection against insects
- FAST & EVEN COOKING – With a power range of 120 W - 1400 W VIC 1.4 EL ensures fast and even cooking.
- INDIAN COOKING MENUS – It comes with 4 pre-programmed cooking menus like Boil, Dosa/Roti, Idli and Curry along with 2 manual...
- EFFORTLESS & CONVENIENT COOKING – The 4-hour Timer Function and 24-hour Preset Function makes cooking with VIC 1.4 EL...
- COMPACT DESIGN – VIC 1.4 EL comes with a compact design for easy storage and with a 1.2 m long power chord for hassle free...
- WARRANTY - 1 year offsite warranty for all manufacturing defects
- Keep Warm Function :- This will keep food warm and ready-to-eat after it has been cooked
- Pause :- Allows you cook at stop and re-start the program your own pace
- Auto switch to power saving mode to prevent overheating
- Pan sensor technology – operates only when Cookware is placed on
- 5 Pre-set Indian menu, Timer: 1 min to 3 hours
- Automatic Whistle Counter - First ever feature that automatically counts the whistle of your pressure cooker and then switches to...
- Automatic Keep Warm Function - A unique feature that ensures your food is always hot.
- Automatic Voltage Regulator - Takes care of voltage variance, ensures durability & better performance. (230 Volts; 2000 Watts)
- Indian Menu Options - Helps prepare authentic Indian food at the touch of a button. Choose from various available presets.
- Intelligent - Automatic power and temperature adjustment for different foods.
Cooking Requirement Has A Role To Play
While buying an induction cooktop in India, it is important to decipher your cooking requirements. For example, if you are living alone, you don’t have to invest in a cooktop with multiple cooking zones as opposed to the large families where you need to carry out fast cooking sessions. This is where the size of the induction cooktop matters. The most standard size of the appliance for any small/medium-sized family is an induction cooktop with 1 or 2 cooking zones.
If you are buying an induction cooktop with multiple zones, expect more power settings. Your induction cooktop would require to be mounted on the kitchen countertop because such cooktops comprise diverse in-built features. If you do not have a lot of space on your kitchen platform, go for a smaller-sized option.
Your Safety Is In Your Hands
Any electrical appliance should ensure safety when used. This is another important point to consider while buying an induction cooktop for your kitchen. A good-quality appliance comes with many safety features one of which is a touch sensor. This feature helps to balance the heating process of the plate on which you place your utensils while cooking food. The role of the touch sensor is to avoid mishap even when you have accidentally switched on the cooktop or forgotten to switch it off.
Another popular safety feature available in the best induction cooktop is the auto-off feature. This feature turns off the heating mechanism of your appliance. This helps you to save energy and avoid all the unwanted damages and accidents in your kitchen. Other safety features to check while buying this appliance include:
This button locks the heat settings temporarily. Thus, you can wipe the cooktop easily without activating any of the control buttons.
Keep Warm Feature:
You don’t have to warm your food again and again as this feature takes care of the same. Just set the feature and your food will be kept warm for the desired period. This feature helps you save a lot of energy as well.
Child Lock Safety Feature:
Don’t miss checking the child lock safety feature when buying an induction cooktop for an Indian household. Fortunately, a majority of brands include this feature to preserve the safety of their customers. The activation of this feature will never let your little one misuse the appliance as only the power button will operate.
Cleaning And Maintenance Of The Induction Cooktop
Easy cleaning of your appliance will save you time and effort. If the design of the appliance is complicated, you might have to spend some extra minutes in the kitchen to clean the same.
You must not touch the surface of the appliance for 15 minutes after cooking your food. Let the cooktop cool down. Use a moist cloth and rub it on the stove to clean it properly. It is suggested not to expose the appliance directly to water. Instead, soak the moist cloth in detergent to clean it. If you clean and maintain your appliance properly, it will last longer without comprising its overall performance.
Take Care Of The Power Consumption
Another important pointer – your induction cooktop should deliver uniform heating without consuming a lot of power. The appliance that you are buying should have the potential to manage the power consumption in such a manner that it distributes a constant supply of heating without consuming a lot of power.
Do you think this is impossible? Let us burst your bubble. If you are buying your induction cooktop from a reliable and reputed brand, you wouldn’t have to bother about too much power consumption. Many famous brands are coming up with the concept of balancing the efficiency and speed so that using a cooktop doesn’t mar the taste of your food nor does it escalate your electricity bill. Not only this, but the top brands also extend a warranty on their appliances.
All the popular brands are manufacturing these cooktops in different shapes, sizes, budgets, styles, and features – it’s your turn to buy the best induction cooktop.