Best Electric Tandoor in India – Buying Guide
Following are the things that you need to consider while buying an electric tandoor in India:
The first thing that you need to check in an electric tandoor is the capacity, which means how much food can be cooked in the tandoor in one go.
The first thing that you need to consider is how many people will you feed by cooking food in the electric tandoor. Consider whether you would be giving parties or get-togethers (also how many guests you are going to entertain). For small parties and get-togethers, you can opt for tandoors with small-medium capacity.
However, In case if you are planning to host a big party with a lot of people, then you should consider getting a large electric tandoor. For the right estimate, you can check for the product description, as most of the manufacturers mention the capacity of their electric tandoor.
2. Consumption Of Power
The power is directly proportional to the time required for cooking. The electric tandoors are available in different watt power configurations for operation. Most of them start at a power of 800 watts and go up to 1200 watts of power consumption.
Keep in mind that the higher the power consumption, the faster the food will cook. High power consumption is crucial for cooking food in high volumes. But, keep in mind that it will add some extra cost to your electricity bill.
I recommend that you select an electric tandoor that comes with adequate power, and if you are fine with slow cooking then you buy a low consumption tandoor and save the extra electricity costs.
One more thing that you need to consider is the energy ratings. So, you can buy an ideal electric tandoor between 800-1200 watts with a good power rating. This will meet all your requirements and it is ideal for small indoor and backyard parties with your friends and family.
- Powerful 2000W heating element, multi-function electric grill is very suitable for vegetables, meat, seafood, cheese, etc.
- The high-quality control of temperature adjustment automatically cuts off the power, and the 5-level adjustment exceeds the rated...
- The handles on both sides are made of plastic,which does not conduct heat, to avoid burns to the hand.
- Smoke Free Indoor Grill means that all the fat and the drippings drip away from the heat source, down to the always cool drip pan,...
- Material Type: Iron
- HOTBERG Big Electronic Tandoor with Full Accessories (16 Inches, Black)
- Fitted with stainless steel heating eliment with 2 year warranty .
- Multi-purpose Tandoor with pizza cutter +Nonstick Sheet +Recipe Book +Glove
- Made with shock proof cast iron.
- An electric tandoor having rust resistant matt finish stainless steel body | It iallows healthy cooking similar to traditional...
- Extra Large size for bigger families | The see through window allows better view of the foods being cooked inside | Cool touch...
- 1400W Energy Efficient Heating Element helps in making the food crisp while retaining the flavors and juices of foods | Has...
- Comes with a light indicator & Selector knob to select the top / bottom / both heating elements as per the dishes being prepared.
- Package Includes: Main unit, tray, wire rack, User's Guide | 2 Years warranty on Product
- Includes: 1 electric tandoor, 1 grill, 1 skewers, 1 glove, 1 reciepie book, 4 trat moulds Warranty: 1 year warranty provided by...
- Wellberg 2 in 1 electric tandoor: wellburg 2 in 1 electric tandoor with 6 gifts bake, tandoor, grill or cook sumptuous meals with...
- It is fitted with an extra safe heating element with shockproof material and does not require pre-heating. Moreover, the 6 gifts...
- 2 In 1 tandoor: cook inside and on top material: aluminium cooking tray and heat resistant backlite handles nonstick top plate: 24...
- Product highlights: tandoor, toast, grill, bake, cook non stick top for dosa, tikki, roti, paneer tikka, and other grill item no...
- Power: 2000W, heavy weight and elegant looking
- Toughened Glass Windows
- Ideal for Tandoori and Grilled items
- WITH AUTOMATIC TIMER AND REGULATOR(HEAT CONTROLLERTEMPERATURE CONTROLLER)
- Included Components : Glove, Magic Paper, Grill, Receipe Book,Legs,Pizza Cutter, Skewers
- ADJUSTABLE SLOPE: This electric tandoor comes with adjustable slope which you can control to decide how much oil to use and retain...
- OPENS 180 DEGRESS: can use both sides of this electric tandoor for certain preparations like daal-tikki and certain uses like...
- 10-step thermostat: for precision cooking-low heat to very high, Adjustable Temperature. The in-built thermostat control system...
- LED INDICATOR: Allow yourself to cook with ease as the LED indicators offer you a choice to grill food lightly or brown it...
IDEAL for : grilling, roasting, toasting and baking \" You make in paneer tikka, chicken, tandoori roti, paratha, cake,...
- EXCELLENT FOR SMALL PARTIES
- CRISPY & JUICY TANDOORI TIKKAS
- HEALTHY & OIL FREE COOKING
- COOKS TANDOOR ROTIS, NAAN, PIZZAS, ETC;
- Power: 2000 W , Input Voltage: AC 230V, 50Hz Power cord with 3 Pin 16Amp plug: 1.0 m long cord
- Material: Outer Body, CRC Sheet & Aluminium & DMC Handle
- Oil free faster cooking,No pre-heating required,Tandoor, toast, grill, bake, cook
- Toughened glass window, Durable outer body, Shock proof,Extra safe heating element
- Power cord with 3 Pin 16Amp plug: 1.0 m long cord
3. Size and weight
Most electric tandoors are lightweight and they can be moved easily. But, make sure that they fit into your lifestyle. For example, if you travel a lot, then you should buy an electric tandoor with the lightest weight so that you can carry it easily around you.
Also, the best electric tandoor should be compact in size and it should fit into a regular-sized travel bag, check the product dimensions properly to make sure that you buy the right size of electric tandoor that satisfies your requirements.
4. Proper insulation and shockproof body
Proper insulation is very crucial for an electric tandoor because nobody wants their hands to get burnt while opening the tandoor.
This is very important especially when you have kids at home. Any accidental touch might lead to severe burns that leave marks for a lifetime.
Many electric tandoors come with heat resistant coating on them where they have rubber both at the handlebar and outer body of the tandoor. Rubber is a bad conductor of heat and it prevents the chances of your hands being burnt while opening the tandoor.
Apart from heat protection, you should also pay attention to the shock resistance of a tandoor because the electric tandoor works using electricity. The absence of shock resistance coating may lead to the chances of electric shocks while operating tandoor.
Most of the brands take care of this and put a good quality heat and shock resistance in their products. But, you should always do your own due diligence and check for both the shock/ heat resistance on the tandoor.
5. Advanced Features
Electric tandoors come with a lot of features such as temperature control, cooking modes for cooking delicacies including grilled chicken, sandwiches, grille paneer, fish, etc. Also, there are other attachments like an additional grill that can increase the volume of the food.
There are smart features like alerts, slow cooking, high frying options that make it even more useful. Therefore, you can check for the features that you need and make the right purchase accordingly.
6. Ease of Operation
Ease of operation refers to how well the electric tandoor can be operated. An electric tandoor should be easy to use, with a simple layout. It should be easily accessed via the opening.
A big opening is very important because it makes food placement easier and you can put stuff like chicken, paneer, sandwiches in the electric tandoor. Catering to this, many brands have now started to offer 180-degree openings, which gives a lot of freedom with your food.
A big opening helps in cleaning the device properly after the cooking is complete. Also, check that the electric tandoor has a floating hinge because it will make cooking dishes like pizza or meat for prolonged cooking.
Pro tip: A floating/removable grill will make cleaning easier.
7. Price and warranty of the product
The best Electric tandoors are expensive and you have to make sure that you buy the one that gives you the most value for its price. Just narrow down all the options that you have within your budget and then you can check all the features that you need.
One thing that you must check is the warranty that the manufacturer is providing on their product.
Keep in mind that the duration of the warranty period reflects the manufacturer’s confidence in their own product. The longer the warranty, the better!
Therefore, you should buy an electric tandoor that comes with the longest warranty period and all the features that satisfy your needs.