Best Dishwashers In India – Buying Guide
A dishwasher is the need of the hour for all those people who struggle with the problem of washing dishes. Doing dishes could be a task. The whole process could consume a lot of time and energy that could otherwise be utilized in completing other kitchen chores.
A dishwasher saves you time and burden of washing those soiled and large-sized dishes such as kadhai, pressure cooker, etc. thereby relieving your problem.
Types of Dishwashers
Considering the immense popularity of this kitchen appliance, many brands have introduced a variety of dishwashers in the market. You may choose from among different types of dishwashers and bring home the best one, depending upon your convenience:
1. Built-in Dishwasher
You will stumble upon this kind of dishwasher at a majority of shops as it happens to be the most common choice of an appliance. A built-in dishwasher is installed permanently in your kitchen space where it receives a free supply of water with the help of an inlet pipe. If you have a permanent residence and you want to invest in a dishwasher, make it your first choice. These days, a built-in dishwasher comes with a variety of smart features as well.
2. Countertop dishwasher
A countertop dishwasher is an economical version of this appliance that is meant to wash limited dishes but with all the efficiency. This appliance can be carried from one place to another. You can put it on your kitchen counter and utilize it by connecting it with the kitchen faucet using a pipe. You might struggle with the use of this dishwasher if the space on your kitchen platform is small.
Here’s the buying guide that helps you choose the best dishwasher in India to serve all your needs and requirements:
- 13 Place Settings: Suitable for families with up to 4 - 5 members, comes with Adjustable Cutlery box.
- Bosch dishwashers are designed for Indian Kitchens and can easily fit all tyes of Indian utensils. No need to manually pre-rinse...
- Intensive Kadhai Programme– Perfected for cleaning greasy & oily masala stains
- 6 Wash Programmes & 3 options. including Half Load option- for fewer utensils, Extra dry option – For better drying efficiency
- EcoSilence Drive: Energy efficient and quiet in operation with a particularly high life span
- 13 Place Setting: Suitable for families with up to 4 -5 members with Adjustable Cutlery box.
- IndianKitchenKaDishwasher - This Bosch dishwasher is designed for Indian Kitchens as it can easily fit all type of utensils and...
- Intensive Kadhai Programme– Perfected for cleaning greasy Indian Utensils & Oily masala stains. Noise Level : 52dB
- 6 Wash Programmes & 3 options. Express Sparkle Programme – Saves Time, Half Load option- For fewer utensils, Extra dry option...
- Save Water – Dishwasher uses 10litre of water. While manual washing uses minimum 60 litres of water, Save time - Get clean &...
- 9 Wash programs: True Steam, Quad Wash, Dual Wash, Quite, Turbo, Auto, Eco, Gentle, Quick
- Suitable for all kinds of utensils in the Indian kitchen including stainless steel, ceramic, etc. Ideal for dishes with oil and...
- Special features: Four washing arms, Multi-directional rotation, Foldable tines, Easy height adjustment, Smooth Operation, Turbo...
- Half load, Machine Clean Reminder, Smart Diagnosis, Personalized settings, Minimalist Exterior Design, Elegant interior design
- WARRANTY: 2 years on product and 10 years on motor. For more details pls.check warranty card
- Bosch original all in 1 dishwasher tablet formula gives a sparling shine to your utensils
- Bosch dishwasher tablets are specially formulated to remove tough stains of Indian style cooking
- Bosch dishwasher tablets is designed to work well with any dish wash system
- Bosch dishwasher tablets is tested and approved dish care solution
- Improved Quick-dry formula speeds up drying of dishes with brilliant shine
- Finish RINSE AID works in the rinse-cycle to thoroughly clear away detergent and food residues, while ensuring a moisture-free end...
- Try Finish Diamond Shine Rinse Aid for residue-free glasses & dishes that gleam with Diamond Shine!
- Finish Rinse aid, shine and dry rinses residue and fights water spots and streaking on glasses, dishes and cutlery
- It gets evaporated easily and prevents visible spots after drying/evaporation
- Vim Matic Machine Dishwasher Rinse Aid gives your utensils a brilliant spotless shine
- It helps prevent spots and water marks on your utensils to give them a brilliant and sparkling shine. Suitable for all dishwashers
- Improves drying performance of your utensils
- Protects utensils from hard water and prevents from fading
- Recommended to use along with Vim Matic Detergent Powder and Vim Matic Salt; Recommended to use along with Vim Matic Detergent...
- Unique 3 in 1 formula with built-in Detergent, Salt & Rinse Aid
- Removes tough stains using powerful enzymes
- Suitable for all types of Utensils - Steel, ceramic and glass
- Protects surface of delicate cookware
- Effectively removes stains from pickles, oil, and gravies
- 1 Unit x 1 Kg Fortune Detergent
- 1 Unit x 1 Kg Fortune Salt
- 1 Unit x 500 ml Fortune Rinse Aid
- Specially formulated for Indian Style of Cooking
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DISHWASHER BRANDS
- Granular form - slow release formula
- Improves detergent effectiveness - Helps remove water hardness
- Compatible with all dishwasher brands
- For Best results use along with Fortune Dishwasher Detergent and Fortune Rinse Aid
- Dosage: approx 30 gram per wash cycle. Usage: For optimum results regularly top the salt in the softener unit of your washing...
- Cleans so well, no need to Pre Wash
- Has Active Enzymes that help in the removal of stains from the dishes
- Dishes, Glassware come out Spotless Clean
- Specially formulated for Indian Style of Cooking
- Dosage: 20gm Per Cycle
Be careful about power consumption
A dishwasher works using electricity. If the usage of utensils in your home is too much, you must get ready to pay hefty bills every month. Having said that, you may still be able to cut down too much power consumption of this appliance by checking on the energy consumption. The energy consumption rating will help you choose the right kind of appliance. The higher the BEE rating, the lower your electricity bill.
Check the capacity of the dishwasher
If you want to use a dishwasher efficiently and effectively, you must pay attention to the capacity of the appliance. Imagine buying a small dishwasher for a large family and then struggling to use this device again and again. This situation may bother you along with increasing the power consumption. Thus, be wary about the size or capacity of the dishwasher that you are likely to bring home.
- A compact size dishwasher serves as the best choice for all nuclear families. It comprises 6-8 place settings and measures around 18 inches.
- A standard size dishwasher is a suitable choice for bigger families where the usage of dishes and utensils is maximum. This appliance comes with 12-14 place settings and measures 24 inches.
Learn about the wash programs
One of the most important features to educate yourself about while buying a dishwasher is the wash program available with the appliance. A good-quality dishwasher of a reputed brand may entertain 3 wash programs namely light, normal, and heavy.
As the same suggests, a light wash program is dedicated to washing lightweight kitchen utensils including glass and crockery. A normal washing program is more efficient than the former and washes your plates, spoons, small dishes, etc. effectively. But when it comes to heavy dishes such as greasy pots and pans, you must choose a heavy wash program for the effective cleaning of your utensils.
Some high-end and advanced versions of a dishwasher include other wash programs as well:
- A quick wash cycle aims to cut down the time of washing the utensils in half. You may activate this feature if you are in a jiffy but want to clean your utensils anyway.
- The energy-saving wash cycle consumes lesser energy than normal and gives a great wash to your utensils. The only drawback of this feature is that it may consume a lot of time.
- Enjoy the feature of a smart wash cycle if you have invested in a high-end dishwasher. It lets you test the soil level after which you may decide the duration, intensity as well as the heat required to clean your utensils.
- The steam wash program is dedicated to the cleaning of all the greasy and soiled utensils after which you can clean them using a normal wash cycle.
Drying mechanism of the Dishwasher
You don’t have to dry your dishes separately after using a dishwasher as the appliance does the task for you. Interestingly, a dishwasher includes different drying mechanisms that usually vary from one model to the other. The common drying options available in a majority of dishwashers include heat, fan, and condensation.
The heating option evaporates the water and moisture present in the utensils and dries them quickly. You must not use this option to dry your plastic or glassware. The next option for drying your utensils is a fan. This type of drying option is compatible with all kinds of dishes and is a go-to choice for many people. Drying with the process of condensation is the most advanced version as it is hygienic and efficient. You might not find this feature if your dishwasher doesn’t have a steel interior.
The condensation mechanism works the best for all the utensils which are further followed by fan and heat. Experts recommend you to buy a dishwasher that comes with at least 2 of these options.
The Noise Level by the Dishwasher
Your dishwasher must not be noisy. Too much noise could be a turn off for many people. Always test the appliance if noise is a big consideration. A high-end model would produce noise as lesser as 40 dB. You may as well buy something ranging between 40-50 dB respectively.
Consider the brand and your budget
Brand reputation plays an important role when you invest in any kitchen or electric appliance. A reputed brand will provide you with everything efficient and high in quality. You would enjoy some of the most brilliant smart features when buying your dishwasher from a leading brand. A reputed brand is about the reliability of the product. You may as well enjoy the perk of a warranty on your dishwasher. A well-known brand may extend a warranty of 4-5 years on a high-end dishwasher. Besides, good brands always provide a satisfactory after-sales service.
However, you must not get lured only by the smart features or high-end model provided by a certain brand. If your budget is restricted, it is recommended to buy a dishwasher with all the basic features. This is because your purpose of buying a dishwasher is to wash your dishes efficiently and any basic model of a good brand shall fulfill it without creating a hole in your pocket.