Best Badminton Rackets Under 1000 In India – Buying Guide
One of the most popular and loved sports in India is Badminton. Badminton is fun to watch and even more fun to play. You may perceive it as an activity to kill your time, but do you know that there are many health benefits of playing badminton?
This sport gives you a total body workout. If you have issues with your rigid body, you may start playing badminton to attain more flexibility. Badminton tones your muscles and helps you get rid of the excess fat over your arms. It helps to strengthen your stamina and whatnot.
Whether you are perceiving this sport professionally or as a hobby, you must play badminton using the right accessories. Do not pick a badminton racket on a random if you want to strengthen your game.
Here is the buying guide to help you choose the best badminton racket Under 1000 rupees.
The material of Badminton Racket
A badminton racket is made in different kinds of materials and you must learn about each material and its advantages for the racket before choosing it for your game:
- Traditionally, all the badminton rackets are made using wood. They are further mixed with other materials as wood alone makes the racket very heavy to handle, especially for the beginners.
- A majority of badminton rackets are available in the materials such as graphite, carbon fiber, and aluminum. Such rackets make a good choice for all beginners as they are very lightweight, hence, easy to handle and use.
- Apart from being lightweight, materials such as graphite and carbon fiber are durable. Thus, you may be able to maintain such rackets in the long run.
- Do not choose the rackets made in aluminum as they do not promise durability and may get damaged easily despite their good quality.
- Badminton rackets made using graphite fiber fall on a heavier side in terms of their weight, built, and durability. Such a frame of these rackets makes them more powerful and also helps the player to reduce shock. Graphite fiber badminton rackets are the most preferred choice among veterans.
Weight of the badminton racket
Badminton rackets are available in varied shapes, sizes, and even weight. It is important to learn about the weight of your racket so that you could choose the best one suiting your preference. As this sport is all about quick movements, you must start by buying a lightweight racket to make easy and swift movements. Furthermore, your skill level also determines which kind of racket to choose to play your game.
Interestingly, the weight of the rackets is denoted by the alphabet U. The smaller the figure, the heavier the racket. 3U and 4U are the most common variants for beginners (80-100 grams in weight). If you have a good hand at playing this sport, you may as well go for options like 2U and 1U.
You must know the right grip size to grip your badminton racket properly while playing your game. It is important to maintain a fine grip while playing badminton so that you could play this sport comfortably without straining or hurting your arm.
A smaller grip of a badminton racket requires you to use more finer and wrist power. A larger grip mostly uses the whole of the arm for service and shot. According to the experts, all the beginners shall start playing their game with a smaller grip ranging about 2.75 inches (G6). The largest grip of a badminton racket ranges up to 4 inches or G1 respectively.
If you are uncomfortable using the smaller grip of the racket, you may include some add-ons on the racket to attain proper grip for a better game.
The right kind of string
Next consideration to observe while buying a badminton racket is the string of the product. A strong string makes your racket durable. A strong string also means a good-quality string that helps you to improve your game in the long run. Buying a racket with a loose string is a big no.
The string of a badminton racket is further categorized into high-tension and low-tension grip:
- If you are a beginner or an intermediate badminton player, start with using a low-tension string to play your game well.
- All the experienced, professional badminton players must choose a higher tension string for the perfect servicing as well as delivery of the shot.
The balance point of the badminton racket
You just cannot oversee this feature while buying a badminton racket for long-term use. The balance point of a racket or racket balance means the distribution of the weight of the racket. It is usually determined by where the epicenter of the balance rests in the racket, beginning from the base.
The balance point of a badminton racket is divided into three categories namely, head heavy, head light, and even balanced.
As the name suggests, a head heavy racket feels heavier on the head of the racket. This type of racket is suitable for all the power hitters as it is a little heavy and comes with a high balance number.
A head light badminton racket is the lighter version and is suitable for all the players who play their game at the nets. You don’t need a lot of power to use such rackets. All kinds of fast hitters may use this racket in their game to maintain proper balance and speed.
An even balanced badminton racket has its weight distributed evenly across the racket and is a perfect choice for a majority of players. You may use this kind of racket as a beginner or intermediate player for extreme flexibility and easy movements.
Choose the right head shape
Last but not least, you may as well consider the head shape of the badminton racket before buying it for your game. An oval shape badminton racket is a good pick for all the advanced players of the game. If you are a beginner, start your game with an isometric shape and you may replace it with the former in your upcoming matches.
Apart from the above-listed considerations, you may as well look into the features such as the brand of the badminton racket, its shaft flexibility, as well as your kind of game – singles or doubles while shopping for a badminton racket.